Da na na na na na na na….Batman!

Yeah so by the way we made it to Illinois safely.  It was a long trip, but I had my two favorite girls with me so that made it bareable.  We had a great first day here yesterday.  I have already had the chance to eat a bunch of cheese, eat a butter burger and fried cheese curds from Culver’s, and spend time with the family.  I really do like coming up here.  It rained most of the day yesterday, so a great deal of the time was spent inside, but we had a good time bowling on Wii.  So you are probably wondering about the title for today.  Well…about midnight last night Kim nudges me awake, and I roll over to see her looking back over my head with an expression of pure fear on her face.  She follows this by exclaiming, “There is something in here.”  My mind races because “something” could include everything from a mouse to pterydactyl.  It was about this time that I hear the flutter of wings and see the black blur fly over about three feet above our heads.  I say, “Holy Crap! That is a bat!”  Needless to say we made a rather hurried exit from the room with daughter in tow.  We came downstairs to inform kim’s parents of the situation, and within a few minutes we were returing to the room.  This time, however, we also possessed a broom, a tennis racket, and a tupperware dish with a lid.  It had been a long time since I had seen a grown man use a tennis racket like a baseball bat, but Steven did just that as the bat made a circle around the room.  The bat fell to the floor and we pinned it there with said tennis racket.  It was at this point that we realized that we had no plan for transferring the bat from the floor to the tupperware dish (with the lid, of course).  The bat was making a terrible sound at this point, and it was showing it’s rather large teeth as a way of letting us known of his dislike for the whole situation.  We finally decided to hit it in the head with a drumstick in order to stun it.  Unfortunately, it was a little bit harder of a hit than we expected, and the bat is no longer with us.  Following the entrance of the hazmat extraction team and the ultimate cleanup, we had a great night of sleep.  I do not know what is planned on today’s activity schedule, but I am sure that it will be fun.  Talk to y’all later.

Published in: on August 5, 2008 at 9:38 am  Leave a Comment  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://jla6102.wordpress.com/2008/08/05/da-na-na-na-na-na-na-nabatman/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: